Candy Havens

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Busy Bee

I stay busy. I like it that way. But lately, whew! It's been insane. I'm on the final countdown for "Charmed & Deadly" it's due in a few days. My anthology for Benbella on the Stephanie Plum series is due the same day. What was I thinking? Everything's done. Final revisions have been made on both projects. Shannon's (http://singedbenefits.blogspot.com/) going through it one last time for me. This time was a little nerve wracking because I didn't have a chance to let anyone see it until last week. I have the world's greats friends. First Andrea took a crack at it, then Rosemary and Britta. They loved it, which helped me to breathe a little easier.

I'm still trying to layer in color for Budapest, the Congo, London, Paris and New York. If you have some ideas or stories about places send them my way.

On Thursday I celebrated my anniversary with my husband. The day started out a little rough (we've been married a really long time) but it ended up magical. We did some shopping, he bought me a lovely gold claddagh ring from James Avery and we had dinner at the Melting Pot, which is a four course fondue place. Totally fun. Then we came back and watched the Maverick's game. Well, he watched. I sat on the couch with my lap top and looked at shoes and vacations to Europe (inspired by Shannon). Friday it was back to work with edits, my columns and the day didn't end until almost one in the morning. I was in front of the computer the whole day.

Saturday, I had to finish getting my son everything he needed for camp, and in between that I taught Fast Draft to the lovely women at the Yellow Rose RWA. They were a great group and it was a lot of fun. If you have a chance to visit them, I highly suggest it. And I finally got Parker off to Nebraska for camp.

So, it's back to work for me. Yes, I know it's 9:37 on a Sunday night, but I spent the afternoon by the pool and must now pay my dues. :-) If I make it through this week, I might just take a few days off. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home