Candy Havens

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Andy Warhol Day

It's here! My new Andy Warhol serigraph of the big pink daisy is on the wall right above my desk. It's the one I bought from the Modern. It's beautiful. Bright, cheery and exactly what I wanted. It's 47 by 40 so it takes up most of the wall which is wonderful. If you want to see what it looks like, here's a smaller version: http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=809666549&c=c&search=29184&GCID=s15100x100%2DArtists&KEYWORD=%5BAndy+Warhol+Art%5D
I noticed while I was trying to find a pic for you guys, that they have an Andy Warhol print with monkeys. I think I might have to get that one too.

It's been a really busy week. I've been working stories about Andre Braugher's new show "Thief" on FX. I really like him. Always intelligent and well spoken, and very easy to talk to. Wrote a cover story about Rebecca Romijn's new show Pepper Dennis. And As the World Turns is getting ready to celebrate it's 50th anniversary. That's so amazing when you consider the climate of television these days.

Oh, some movement happened with Zombies and I had to stop working on Charmed & Deadly to clean up that book. I love the story, it's about a girl who has to take care of Zombies. It's a lot of fun very Buffy meets Veronica Mars.

I spent most of last weekend cleaning and organizing my office. I was in total need of some Feng Shui, and it's definitely helped. I hope to spend some more time on the office this weekend hanging the rest of my art (I've done a wall of old hollywood and favorite art I've received over the years.).

Oh, I finally finished "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency," by Alexander McCall Smith. It took me a while to get into that story, but I ended up loving it. I've also been reading Lisa Jackson's "Shiver." Wow! What a book. It's been awhile since I've read romantic suspense like that, and I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

So do you have a favorite piece of art or book you are reading? Tell me about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home